Let's crack on! First, the 11 facts about little ol' me:
1. My biggest pet peeve is when people (or things) touch my face. People have actually been offended by this; for example, when people come near me to caress my face (for whatever reason), I immediately back up and whip my face away from their reach. Then, I get the following reaction from the person: "Jeez! Fine! Sor-ry!" Just step back and put your hands down mofo!
2. I try to visit my local library at least twice a week. I've always been a hardcore bookworm and I really appreciate everything a library has to offer. I've just recently started taking my four-year-old nephew for regular library visits and he LOVES them! He gets really excited when I call him up and ask him if he wants to come along with me. Yup, I'm a proud Auntie!
3. In a past life I must have been a British citizen. I love the UK. Always have. Always will. I grew up watching British television and I have a serious soft spot for British films and actors. I'm familiar with A LOT of British slang and I use it frequently in my every day life (no one else understands me when I do though, so I'm always having to explain myself). I've been to England twice already in the past two years. I will move there one day. I will.
4. I love classic Hollywood but I cannot stand Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly.
5. My favourite classic film actor is Spencer Tracy.
6. My favourite classic film actress is Katharine Hepburn.
7. I've visited Natalie Wood's grave once and while I was there, her sister was also paying her respects. She was a very pleasant lady and gave me a great big smile when I stood alongside her at the grave.
8. I haven't kissed anyone in over 2 years.
9. I hate chick flicks and chick lit. I think they both make us women seem like idiots.
10. In arguments about the sexes, I usually always support the male side.
11. I'll be moving out of my parents' house in a couple of years but I know I'm going to wish I was back home once I do.
Now, here are the questions Annmarie wanted me to answer:
|Ginger Rogers (she's featured in some of my answers below)|
1. What are some of your "desert island" movies? Gone With the Wind, Singin' In the Rain, Four Weddings And A Funeral, & Legends Of the Fall.
2. If you could travel back in time and ‘live the life’ of one Classic Movie Actor/Actress, who would it be and why? Hmmm ... this is a really hard one. For actress, I'd pick Ginger Rogers because she was absolutely flawless, wasn't she? She got to wear the most incredible gowns plus she worked with the debonair and totally crush-worthy Fred Astaire in 10 films! Also, she didn't drink alcohol (and neither do I). For actor, my choice would be William Powell. The parts he got to play were inspiring (and always witty to boot!), he had a fantastic wardrobe, was married to the fabulous Carole Lombard, dated the lovely Jean Harlow and played Mr. Nick Charles alongside Myrna Loy in all those Thin Man movies. What's not to love?
3. Astaire or Kelly? You MUST be joking woman! This is an EVIL question and couldn't possibly be answered here! Oh fuck it -- Kelly. He was stronger, he was sexier, he choreographed all those wonderful ballets in movies such as An American In Paris and Singin' In The Rain, and he moved like nobody else. Not even Astaire could match Kelly's prowess on the dance floor.
4. If you could choose to either watch comedies or dramas for the rest of your life, which would it be? Dramas. Hands down. Unless, of course we're talking British comedies because those would be my ultimate choice.
5. If you were a Character Actor, what would your traits be, and what types of roles would you play? Sarcasm. I would excel in playing sarcastic, wise-ass parts. Perhaps in a Marx Brothers movie? I'm also very good at playing snooty. Like, snobby snooty.
6. Who is your favourite movie pirate? Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook in Hook.
7. If you could travel to one classic movie related site, what would it be? Duh! It would have to be the Land of Oz!
8. If you could host TCM for a day, which movies would you show? Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Jezebel, The Thin Man, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, An American In Paris, Swing Time, Viva Las Vegas, and Splendor In the Grass.
9. List one classic movie scene that you can rewind and watch over and over again - and why? I don't even have to think twice about my answer for this one - I consider this one of the greatest scenes ever filmed in the history of motion pictures (and I'm getting goosebumps now just thinking about it): the scene at the end of the first part of Gone With the Wind, when Scarlett stands in that desolate field, vowing that she'd never be hungry again. I cry watching that EVERY SINGLE TIME.
10. Who is your favourite classic movie couple (on or off screen)? I have a few favourite pairings: Fred and Ginger, Spencer & Katharine, Bogie & Bacall, and Powell & Loy. But if I was forced to pick just one (gee thanks Annmarie!) it'd definitely be Bogie & Bacall - they were so ELECTRIC on-screen!
11. What is the last movie you saw in a theatre? Believe it or not it was Singin' In the Rain (and it looked FANTASTIC on the big screen!). The last modern movie I saw in the theatre was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
|Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo|