Right! Here we go - this is where I go slightly insane trying to answer questions that are extremely hard for me to answer (considering how in love I've been with classic film for most of my life). If you'd like to answer these questions on your blog, please go ahead - I'd love to read others' opinions!
Would you rather ...
- watch only horror or only thrillers? Well, to be honest, I'm not the world's biggest horror fan but I do love a good early horror film (i.e. Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy). That being said, I'm not a huge thriller fan either. Okay okay ... if I was forced to answer this question - which I am - I would have to pick horror because I just couldn't do without Bela Lugosi or Boris Karloff in my life (not to mention the very yummy Colin Clive).
- watch only comedy or only romances? Oooh this is a toughie. Right off the bat, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go with romances only because most of my favourite classic Hollywood stars never excelled at comedy. People like Greta Garbo, Vivien Leigh, and Spencer Tracy never really made many comedies and if I was forced to give them up, I don't think life would be worth living.
- watch only male or only female leading roles? I'm going to have to let the male population down on this one and answer with female leading roles. I know I'm going to regret saying that in, like, two minutes because the majority of my favourite films have mostly men starring in them. The thing I like most about female stars is their glamour and their uncanny ability to emote better than most of the males did onscreen (and in real life too, I imagine).
- shop online or in-store? Online baby! The discounts you can find online are unreal compared to the sales that you come across in-store. Nowadays, shipping is free on most sites and packages arrive within days, so why wouldn't you want to take advantage of those pros? Yes, sometimes I miss wandering physical shelves of movies and books, but if I can find stuff cheaper online, Imma click and buy.
- watch one movie per day or fifteen movies per week? Fifteen movies per week?! Ain't nobody got time for that. Easy there Hercules -- one a day is plenty.
- be a director or a professional movie reviewer? This is how I would direct: Okay everyone. Stand in front of the camera. And act. Go! I think I better choose movie reviewer for this one. I'm just no good at telling people what to do because I always think they're secretly complaining about me behind my back. Plus, I love to write so reviewing movies would be a real treat for someone like me.
- watch only your favourite genres or every genre but your favourite? Well, this one's a no-brainer! I would definitely choose to watch only my favourite genres of film. At the risk of sounding incredibly boring and unaccommodating, I would hate to spend the rest of my life watching Westerns (though I have come to appreciate them a little over the past year). Westerns and '70s horror. No thanks.
- only watch films from physical media or only watch films on a tablet? See, I'm kinda torn on this one because when I travel or when I'm just feeling lazy, I love to watch films on my iPad. Either on a plane or cuddled up in bed, I love the convenience of a tablet. However, there's nothing quite like the feeling of opening up a new DVD or bluray and popping it into the player. Can I cheat with this one? I'm gonna have to say tablet for when I'm traveling and physical media for when I'm at home.
- watch only films or only TV shows? This one's kinda easy for me to answer because I've always secretly preferred films over TV shows. Actually, it's only recently that I started watching loads of television; a couple of years ago I hardly watched any at all! So, films for this one. Easy-peasy.